Slabs (pages)

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

so what's my life plan? :short term


Let me establish my present situation in order to further build up the life I want ahead. I'm currently a graduating student of the BA Communication Arts program, major in Speech Communication, in UPLB. My graduation (I'm claiming it) will be sometime in April. I don't like the idea of doing routinely job as in office-based ones. I want to be always in the field discovering and experiencing for myself things I have not seen or done before.

With these facts about me, I figured i should just study more. Maybe earn an MA degree in political science, or international relations/studies, cultural studies, speech communication and the like. Maybe while having an MA, I can teach in college. I can teach in UPLB or maybe outside. It has always been my dream. To become an information-sharer an "imparter" of pieces of knowledge to people who're hungry for it.

Or maybe I can apply for a job in media. Media jobs have always been very exciting, unpredictable even. It would go with my hope not to stagnate and do things habitually and predictably.

I can also apply for law school already. It's one thing I always wanted. Law and politics have always been a twin tower that overshadows all my other interest. Hopefully, I'll be able to pass the exam and have sufficient funds for me to enroll in the law school. The tuition fee nowadays seems to have increased dramatically even in public universities and colleges.

But, if I think of short term, what I really want to achieve this year is to have a teaching job. A vocation I've always treated to be noble and fulfilling. Hopefully, the universe will conspire for me to graduate on time, have my diploma earned and have all the courage to face panels of interviews and demos to be able to teach.

These are the things running in my mind at the moment. These may change depending on the situation but I'm hoping they won't. So help me God.

photo from: http://scoop08.com/files/images/obama%20teaching.jpg

No comments: