Slabs (pages)

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I should blog more often

Yes. I think I should. With lots of things going on in my life right now, the trips, the learnings, the experiences, blogging is perfect for me. I'm just really lazy and I have not been writing (freely: out of the bounds of work reports and requirements) for months so I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with blogging regularly like my girlfriend does.

Anyway to start the year of the rabbit, (as if it matters what year of what it is at all) I thought of a flashback to my 2010. Every one's doing it anyway. Sites features 2010 in films, 2010 in news, top tourist destination of 2010 and whatever listology people think interesting. They even involve people now in deciding what's hot and what's not in 2010. Twitter and FB are gaining some ground in public opinion lately. Of course there's a question of representation of who are capable of and have access to these sites to comment but ok, FB has 500 million friends representing jejemon and bourgeois alike so let's give them credit.

So going back to the list of things I'm thankful for in 2010...

1. an NGO job I like doing
- where I was introduced to the interesting and sometimes trivial world of development work
- where I was inspired to be a highly-paid consultant in 15 to 20 years
- where got to travel to different parts of the country: Davao, Cebu, CDO, Ilocos, Abra, Iligan,
Misamis Occ. and others.
2. travel to different parts of the country and the latest trip to Indonesia (my first international
travel)
- travelling is just so much fun. Indonesia is a perfect first-time travel for me and Krista. It's not too different from the Philippines; the fare (on promo) was affordable; their temples are adorable and historical dating back to the 9th century BC; their culture is a celebration; their food hot and spicy and masarap just the way I like it; their batik cloth; their monuments and historical spots well-preserved; their train transport system better than Philippines and a lot more things to love about it.
3. Graduation (the ceremony not the actual graduation/completion)
4. 3 years of togetherness with Krista
5. Trainings I facilitated.
6. Books I read
7. Movies I've seen
8. foodtrips
9. meetups with college friends once in a while
10. treat to friends and family (once in a while)


And a whole lot more. Thankful to God for all the blessings and grateful for the provisions. I'm sure 2011 will be even better.:)


1 comment:

krista said...

I like your blog's new look. You did a recap while a I did a goals list :) yes, you should blog more often